Thursday, December 21, 2006

Stop and watch the snow fall

This has become my daughter's new past time. She loves to push her booster seat up to the picture window and stare out it for hours on end....well she's 19 months...so maybe a good 20 minutes...but it's hilarious. She definitely got the voyeuristic gene from me, Cort, her grandparents or .....frankly from anyone else she's related to in this nosy family.
I would love to be able to sit in front of a window for an infinite period of time; enjoy the scenery, collect my thoughts and just. plain. relax. I can't remember the last time I wasn't thinking "okay if I just finish A, B & C; I can go pee and change my shirt". I reward myself with using the bathroom, eating a meal or clipping my toenails....really.
Everything moves so quickly anymore and that doesn't upset me, but I wish there was certain times it could slow down for just a bit so I could enjoy these little moments when I catch my 1 year old rocking her monkey to sleep in her Dora chair, or putting Elmo to bed on the couch or climbing into her booster seat to watch the snow fall.

1 comment:

vedjen said...

STOP. What exactly is that again?