Monday, January 15, 2007

Thank God for bad movies

So I'm a HUGE wuss...I can't emphasize wuss enough...seriously! I sleep with the kitchen light on, the television on and will NOT sleep if Cort is not home (do not ask Cort about his work trip to Disneyland!).
As a young child/adolescent I had several sleeping problems because my imagination would get the best of me. I could stay up all night and go to school the next day- probably why I was such a skinny neurotic kid until I started drinking...then I was drunk. chunky and neurotic, but at least I could fall asleep!
Things I'm convinced: I'm convinced I've been abducted by aliens, I'm convinced there is a serial killer stalking me with Infrared goggles at night like that sicko that killed those kids in Idaho. I'm convinced ghosts talk to me and one day will speak directly to me through the baby monitor.
Sadly, nothing here is exaggerated...I WISH I wasn't this crazy.
SO with that said, I try to shut out all of this psychotic-ness with anything I can.

Every time I watch the news or see a preview for a scary movie all of the crazy scared Randi wakes up and I can't sleep for days again. I remember when the preview for White Noise came out- I wouldn't go in the basement by myself- I looked into alternatives to a baby monitor and freaked out if the TV screen turned to snow.

I can't watch Montel Williams on Wednesdays because that's when he has Sylvia Browne on.

A few days before Halloween, Cort's morning show goes out in the middle of the night to condemned buildings around town with Ghost Hunters and they record everything they hear. I told him, I would MUCH rather you bring home a stripper than a spirit with you!

ANYWAY, back to the matter at hand.

I saw a preview for this new movie coming out called "Primeval". And after seeing the commercial several times...."World's most famous serial killer....STILL AT LARGE...Gustave". I was freaked. And Cort kept saying "why don't you Google it, so you know exactly what they're talking about?" but I told him that would be bad juju..so I couldn't.
This ate at me for days, scared when I saw the previews and ME....Randi- obsessed with killers, ghosts and what not had never heard of this person....how could that be? Jack The Ripper, Ted Bundy, Scott Petersen- I've heard of them all..who the hell was Gustave?

FINALLY I googled him; clammy hands on the keyboard with half peering eyes I read this.....

A Fucking Crocodile!!!

WOOHOO!!! I'M FREE!!! At least from this movie....

1 comment:

winnipegbaby said...

Just for the record.... Randi is the only person I know who was rooting for ET to die. Gotta love that!!!