Monday, January 8, 2007

2006

I've been meaning to write this for awhile now but ....you know....too busy...(please refer to "Book of Excuses").

This was the first FULL year of Mommyhood...so there were many things I learned and like it or not, I'm sharing... the biggest thing Mommyhood gave to me is the ability not to sweat the small stuff...I don't have time anymore...I have diapers to change, fevers to watch and books to read about disciplining this shit that is throwing her tomatoes on the floor and standing on the kitchen table. ANYWHO! That's one of the best parts of being a parent, I'm not worried about all the outside meaningless bullshit...well not most of it!

On with the show...here are the top 4 things I learned this year!


1. No one takes you as seriously as you do
-this one is my favorite and sooooo true. We spend so much of our time hemming and hawing over what we've said to people or things we regret doing ....you have to ask yourself, how much time do you spend thinking of what other people said or did? Not much, not as much as you think people do...cuz they don't. Just think of the times you've gone home and told you're significant other about something amusing someone said or did.....you tell them, laugh and then move on with your life. Until I realized this, I would be up nights stressing about what I had said and how it would affect my friendship, life, etc. Have you ever gone back the next day to apologize for your actions and the other person doesn't even remember? EXACTLY!

2. There's no such thing as commitment....in relationships, in careers, in life
-Life changes so quickly, things come up, people die, friends move, colleagues get fired, promoted or quit...you just never know. Don't think anything forever....it never is. And don't feel bogged down by it either....

3. There are no secrets
-This one isn't mine...I stole it from author Nora Ephron but it rings so true. The #1 reason criminals are caught is because emotionally they feel the need to confess to at least 1 person...ANYWAY, I've learned too many times "don't' tell" means nothing...once you realize that and make your peace....know that your peace may be shared with everyone!!

4. "Energy cannot cease to exist" Albert Einstein
-My friend Angie actually shared this quote with me a few months ago and I haven't stopped thinking about it. This year I started studying Reiki. With that, I tapped into Energy & vibrational work and so that's where the quote came into play. When I was planning to write this post I decided I wouldn't include anymore of my opinion on this one. If you like it, take it, and process it the way you want. To me, I just like to repeat it, Energy is everything so if it cannot cease to exist what does that really mean to us, our past experiences our future experiences and the universe around us? Hell, if it's coming from Albert Einstein...I'm definitely giving it some thought!

There ya have it! Happy 2007!

1 comment:

ShePutsTheLotionOnHerSkin said...

I didn't think you were listening when I said the Einstein thing...typically you don't. I read that in a book when I was 15 and thought that I would be considered cool if I understood the theory of relativity. What a nerd. But what I really got out of it was that...it resonated with me too. By the way, I think you may really benefit from some sort of anxiety meds, I don't obsess or even usually think about the interactions I have with people during the day. *Uh oh...is Randi going to feel bad I said that.????"