Thursday, January 18, 2007

Kid Peeves

I don't why I have this problem, but if I see people at the grocery store at like 10p and they have their little kid with them (12 yrs & under) I immediately judge them! HORRIBLE PARENT TO THE LEFT....I want to get on the store intercom and have an intervention with all of the store employees. Really though I want to rush home and talk shit about them with Cort.

I dont' know why I'm so extreme about it. But this leads me to the next thing- I work late now and the phone calls I get from 6, 7 & 8 year olds at 11:30p...I'm like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP STILL!!!". Where the hell are their parents???

Disclaimer: Now I have a child that doesn't keep a sleep schedule to save her life (or my sanity)and I totally understand the occasional "oh shit, we have no milk for tomorrow morning".
But I think little ones should have their bath and be in pjs by at least 8:30-9p.

The other thing I can't stand is seeing a toddler down a Diet Coke & Snickers in their stroller....And once again it could be Mom is on her last nerve and this child won't shut up....who knows...I just hear the dentists voice in my head from my last visit telling me little ones get cavities all of the time because baby teeth are extremely porous...I was at an "event" a few weeks ago and there was a little girl there the same age as Quinn and her mom fed her 2 Squeeze It's and a roll of those gummy life savers...

I'm pretty judgemental

2 comments:

lovingmysoldier said...

I judge too and ALOT...I know it and I don't care...but I also let my kids eat brownies and ice cream for breakfast, haha. And I have taken my kids out to the store to get treats for the night when Mike was in the field at like 8 or 9, but they were in their jammies, so that makes it all better...

Judge away!! We all do it and if we don't, there is something wrong with us

winnipegbaby said...

A thing I have seen on a regular basis. No matter WHAT city I am in, if I visit a WalMart, no matter WHAT time of night, weekend or week night, no matter what the weather (I am talking blizzards, monsoons, tornado warnings, etc.) there will be people at the WalMart with little/school age children. 11:30 at night, there they are with 5 kids in tow, each one with a dirty face and filthy footie jammies. They aren't fetching milk/bread/birth control, they're getting chips, pop, ice-cream, cookies, cigarettes and beer (for the 11 year old). I don't mean to be judgmental, I just don't like the idea of these people being in power when I am old and dependent. I also feel sorry for these children (and the weird thing is, I think these are the SAME kids I see in each city!!) They should be home, snuggly in bed, with the TV on in the livingroom just loud enough so they know Mommy and/or Daddy are still up, so they can go to sleep and not worry. Instead these kids are hyped up on sugar and at school the next day they will be exhausted and unable to concentrate. Also, just a side note, the WORST place I have seen for this is here in Utah. Of course these are also the parents who believe once they step on my airplane I become responsible for their 10 children!!
And Katie, taking the kids to the store for treats occasionally isn't the same thing. And brownies and ice-cream are just chocolate cereal (think cocoa puffs) and milk.