Saturday, January 27, 2007

I am too old for Myspace

I know this much is true...and I really do accept it, but it's not a matter of acceptance, it's a matter of voyeurism....I love to lurk on people's myspace page....
But I digress...I will be 30 this year and last Sunday as I was trying on pants in the Macy's dressing room there were 3 teenage girls doing the same. Except they were trying on these really slinky dresses - not expensive enough to be a prom dress, more like "I'm hitting the clubs with Paris & Britney tonight (PANTY FREE IN 93!)"
Anywho, so squeals and "You look Like totally hot in that Kaitlyn" "OMG TAYLOR MADISON, you look so sexy" are coming from the dressing room....and I'm just laughing to myself fondly remembering my own "let's head to the Bon and try on dresses" adolescence.

When I finish trying on the oh so exciting black slacks, I head out of the fitting room, only to walk down the hall to see them standing out there taking pictures of each other in these dresses with their pink razor phones.

AND THEN I HEAR "Taylor this will be a super cute myspace picture for you"

Seacrest out!

1 comment:

winnipegbaby said...

I feel your pain. The minute you discover you MAY BE too old for something you really enjoy is one of those life defining moments. Imagine this: Me, looking incredibly hot, young (and if I do say so myself) and quite sexy..... entering a lovely, little bistro (okay, bar) with a couple of my ALMOST equally as hot friends. I believe I had my "groove back". When all of a sudden I hear...."Hi, Mrs. P'Pool, how are you?".... yes, a friend of my YOUNGEST child is in the same place and he didn't have to use fake id!!! Quickly I went from "one hot mama" to "room mother"!!! I now only go to places that serve expensive martinis!! Life lessons like this suck.
And if I haven't mentioned it before Randi..... Welcome to adulthood, can't believe you are going to be 30!!!
Love you much,
your older sister