Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Cort Buster

Cort has this "thing" (couldn't resist- that's what came up when I googled "THING" images)- that's not Cort's thing......that's some dudes VW thing...could even be a THANG

ANYWAY, Cort has this thing- he can't handle people borrowing DVDs from us- he'll be nice enough to let you get out of the house with it, and make it look like it's no big deal. BUT HOLY SHIT...you should hear what I hear for the next...welll...until you return it. Okay, Okay, I'm exaggerating a little bit but not by much..."When do you think they'll bring it back" "Randi, can you call them and see if we can pick it up" "Can they run it by?" "Do you know if they've watched it yet?" "Geez, how long have they had it now?"
UGHHHHHH!! It would never cross my mind to caress my DVDs keeping them clutched so tightly to my bosom but that could be the reason I've lost half to most of my CD/DVD collection throughout the many colleges, apartments, boyfriends I've had...I have no idea how many times I've RE-BOUGHT Violent Femmes "Add it Up"....
Anyway, I don't really know what my point of this story was other than, if you like me at all you won't ask to borrow a DVD from us or if you do, return it within the 3 hour time span you've been allowed to drive home watch it and drive back to our house (perhaps watching it at our house is an option)....and just know it's not me, I don't take very good care of anything I own....including (apparently) this relationship- I LOVE YOU HONEY!!!

P.S. Cort has debated charging late fees.....I believe he accepts Visa & Mastercard

3 comments:

vedjen said...

We have had THE EXACT same conversations in our household. Scott is a habitual cd/dvd loaner and is not discriminative to whom. That "limited edition" cd that the artist actually included us in the liner notes? loaned to some girl in school that has since moved to Montana. MY new Ewok's dvd? Loaned to our 5 year old niece WHO (surprise) LOST IT!

People who borrow things suck and should be charged a fee or go buy it themselves. We are not the free box where you get to pick out whatever you want. Admittedly, I am a miser but no one will ever value your things as much as you do.

winnipegbaby said...

Some of the reasons that I am so madly in love with you Randi are:
1. Your "devil may care" attitude towards material things, comes from me, your equally irresponsible Mother.
2. Your attitude towards material items; I believe; shows that you are a deeper, more spiritual person (that , I believe you got from your Dad). It shows you are more interested in people than things.... again from me!
3. I love the fact that your "I can buy another" belief extends to the property of others. Ex: Rocky Horror Picture Show; Best of Queen; Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (best of); Rocky Horror Picture Show (I believe that one requires repeating).
My point is that I find it TRULY amusing that Cort married into a family that believes everything we own is in one big pot, to be shared and enjoyed (and yes, eventually returned or repurchased). This feeling extends to the entire family, Aunts, Uncles, Nanas!!!
Lucky Cort!!! As a family we are similar to 60's hippie co-op. Only with make-up, clean hair and better clothes. It takes a village!!

mizzmegpie said...

i have bought a million of that same violent femmes cd too. and to this day i still do not know where one is. Hey can i borrow yours and make a copy of it!!!