Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Swearing

I love to swear.

It's liberating, it's powerful, it's emotional .....it's the best when you can't think of another word. (or could be best when holding a machete)

My husband likes to warn people "she swears" or warn me "just watch your language in front of them".... In fact the other day I was telling someone I had this blog and he interjected"beware, she swears on it"

I can see how on a little kid it's alarming (or really damn funny) i giggle when Quinn says shit And on your Grandma it can be disturbing...(again I think it's really funny)...love love when Great Nana says "bloody hell" (she's Canadian)

So maybe that's my problem, I think it's pretty entertaining when I hear someone swear. What I don't like is when people use really graphic, gross swear words that make you cringe when you hear them....I only like your everyday typical swear words. Or if someone is screaming in your face and swearing...that's a bit of a turn off as well.

Maybe I only enjoy swearing on my terms? Plus I think it's important to be witty with your swearing.

so, Fuck off already

P.S. If you too enjoy swearing, you should check out James Gunn's blog (he is a screenwriter and husband to Jenna Fisher who plays Pam on The Office) some of the best swearing sarcasm and wit I've ever read!!

2 comments:

lovingmysoldier said...

Riley has JUST started copying (I know, a little delayed) and I called him a little shit one day, and sure enough he said "I am NOT a little shit" and it was quite humorous...but since he is in school we have to tell him not to say that!

Kyla is copying already, and that makes me laugh. I always try and do stuff to make Mike cringe with her...you can ONLY imagine, it is SO funny, you need to visit, honestly!

MikeE said...

Are you refering to my use of "twatgarabge?"