Thursday, March 1, 2007

I see London, I see France (maybe)

WARNING: This is kind of a "gushing with excitement" bloggy....

So Cort & I are going to London in about....OH MY GOD....1 1/2 WEEKS! I just looked at a calendar for the first time.
Even though I've begged and begged my husband to find a new job it is his position that has landed him in the position to go to london. A movie producer wants to promote this movie called 'Picadilly Cowboy' and it first premieres in London. He thought it would be a great marketing move to send a DJ from as many radio stations as possible to the premiere to talk about it. The most awesome thing of all is it's a 6 day trip with a ton of other activities thrown in. The other most awesome thing is Cort worked it so I could come along. Apparently we are going to be hanging out with this guy and his wife- who is also going to promote it for SLC.
Anyway, I have a few concerns.....
1. I've never been to London- will the citizens of London be able to pick me out of a crowd miles away and mock my tourist natures and hate me forever?
2. Will I die in a firey crash over?
3. Do they really drink their soda without ice?
4. Will some well trained English child pick pocket me?
5. Can I meet the Queen & or Prince Wills?
6. Should I practice saying things like "jolly well" "cheerio"?

2 comments:

lovingmysoldier said...

Oh my! Needless to say I am JEALOUS!! Have a good time and if you do meet Prince Wills, tell him about me, his future wife!!! :)

vedjen said...

OHhhahha! Good times. I give it 24 hours before you have completely absorbed the accent, become accustomed to drinking FLAT coke chilled with about 3 ice shavings*, and before you really start to appreciate American dentistry.

Have a great time. London is awesome.

*while getting your coke fix, try the packaged ketchup... strangely a little off, eh?