Friday, December 15, 2006

Hit me baby one more time!


It was a beautiful, freezing cold Thursday afternoon, Cort was driving to purchase T-shirts for his morning show that spelled out Cort (see side pic) and as he was making a left hand turn- a Ford Explorer running a red light T-boned him.
Luckily: a traffic cop was at the stop light right next to Cort & saw the whole thing go down. Plus 2 other witnesses.
Unluckily: our little friends that hit my husband are undocumented hispanic females with out driver's licenses or insurance. In fact, they did not own the car they were in.
SOOOOOO....our insurance has to claim it, we pay the deductible and Aide Munoz & Leticia Muniz go back to their home in West Valley and forget any of it ever happened.
I hope I don't sound bitter....I mean, I make sure my driver's license is valid, I pay my auto insurance each month but I'm starting to wonder why? Why am I following the rules only to be stuck with higher insurance and a $500 deductible?
I guess I pray to the Karma Gods or just continue to watch My Name is Earl for encouragement!!
Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

mizzmegpie said...

poor little Jetta ( i think). i hope everyone is all right. But at least you know the extra money spent on the side curtain air bags weren't a waste!

ShePutsTheLotionOnHerSkin said...

I hate to say this, but I don't think even your fiercest praying (or chanting..whatever the hell you do) is going to make them say your car is "totaled". It looks bad...but I don't know if it's "making all your wildest dreams come true" bad. Sorry Rand.