Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Who's the Boss?

I don't know what it is about 5 year old girls, but somewhere in the last few months Quinn has turned into a little person. A short, mouthy mini adult. Granted, she has a little sister and it's instinct to boss your little sister around.
But boy oh boy! Does she give us a run for our money.
The shit I hear come out of her mouth is priceless...sometimes so priceless I want to slap it back in.
Last weekend my parents were in town, we were all just about to sit down to a nice Barbecue dinner when this strawberry blonde 3 foot nuthin Sassy Mcsasserton starts dictating how we are going to have a pleasurable dinner. "Now listen Everybody...we are All going to use our Manners!" She instructs. Then proceeds to critique all of us on the way we are eating our food, speaking to one another and passing the dishes. At one point my mother asked Cort to "please pass the butter" and Quinn jumps in "very good Nana, you're learning".
Whaddaydo? I'm laughing as I type this and did at the time but I also quietly told her to simmer down a little. I try to figure out where she learns it. I guess from us. I know I can be a little bossy but I'm the damn mom! How else am I supposed to be?

Tonight in the car she told us all we were going to play a game called "The things I see" (honestly, she's had me play this game with her before which is a surprise because it actually makes no sense at all and I can't really comprehend how you determine a winner!)
ANYWAY, back to this game "The things I see".
You have to look out the window and then shout the thing you see IE: TREE!
But if you see 3 trees you have to say "TREE , TREE , TREE". Therefore if you see a shitload of trees...this game just turns into a shouting match. And for some reason Cort has been really indulging this bossy Q lately so tonight he starts shouting over everyone as loud AND FAST as he possibly could "CAR CAR CAR, TREE, TREE, FENCE FENCE, FENCE SIDEWALK SIDEWALK"....I was laughing so hard my stomach hurt. She didn't think the game was that much fun after that!
So then it was a NEW Game...The other game she insists on playing in the car is EYE SPY. Again, Cort entertained her games tonight and began playing it with her when we started to notice a pattern. If we were having trouble figuring out the item she was describing Cort would say "is it that thing over there?"
"YES Daddy you got it!"....no pointing at anything, no waving in any general direction...just that thing over there.
Hmm....that led us to our easy out for the rest of the game!
"is it that thing over there?"

YES YOU WIN!

5 comments:

Malia said...

Oh my gosh! Quinn does not mess around in Eye Spy!

lovingmysoldier said...

Love it!! She sounds like my mouthy princess!

Unknown said...

the games are FUN
wanna try it too ..


Quinn is such an adorable and intelligent kid.

You are blessed to have her --


Kenai River Fishing|

Montana Elk Hunting|


Seafood Retail

teraonline for sale said...

The post is very nicely written and yes it contains many useful facts. We are pleased to find your distinguished way of writing the post. So you allow me to learn and implement. Thank you sharing with us.rs gold wow gold

Jim said...

A "critical upgrade," produced overdue for The following friday, is applicable Office 2007 downlaod to some from the four main uses inside Office 2007--the Phrase word-processing plan, the Ms powerpoint demonstration request and the Succeed spreadsheet software program, in line with a Milliseconds bulletin.An endeavor to be able to re-open the actual document together with the Office 03 Microsoft office 2007 app this made it may possibly produce a harmful document, missing out on written content as well as other glitches. Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007